Monday, March 20, 2017

Two-Page Spread Idea

I don't know if I have mentioned this in my previous posts, but this project requires a table of contents and a two-page spread (I haven't really touched on either of these two topics). We'll get to the table of contents some other time, but I really want to focus on the two-page spread right now. I want the topic of my two-page spread to be the main focus of my magazine cover. I have been brainstorming a lot on what the topic of my cover story should be. Like I mentioned in one of my posts last week, fashion is such a diverse topic that can be discussed through so many different lenses. I want my magazine cover/two-page spread to be focusing on a societal movement in fashion, something that is both relevant and timely for the fashion industry and something in which there is a lot to talk about. After a lot of thought, I have narrowed it down to androgyny and the shifting of gender roles in the fashion industry. This topic is extremely relevant based on the time we live in and the broader views on sexuality, self-expression, and fashion itself. I want my two-page spread to focus blurring of the gender lines in fashion and what this means for the future of the fashion industry (i.e. will fashion companies continue separating their clothing between "men" and "women"? How will the modeling world change because of this? etc...)


Image result for androgynous fashionImage result for women in menswearImage result for androgynous fashionImage result for jaden smith skirt






This is exactly what I mean during my first couple of posts when I mentioned that I want my magazine to not only discuss the art of fashion, but also discuss how society intertwines with fashion and how it affects different aspects of people's everyday lives.

Here are some informative links that I found to really help you get a sense of what my cover/two-page spread will be about:

In Fashion, Gender Lines Are Blurring

Blurred Lines: Why Gender-Neutral Fashion Is the New Normal

Menswear Womenswear trend - unisex dressing






No comments:

Post a Comment