Sunday, March 26, 2017

Table of contents: Thoughts

I have not yet discussed the table of contents portion of this project. Although the table of contents may only take up anywhere from 1-3 pages of an entire magazine, it still plays an extremely vital role in the creation and entirety of a magazine.The table of contents helps the reader get an overview of the entire magazine and make a judgement on whether they want to read it or not. The design of a table of contents is key because it must embody the essence and overall style of the magazine. Here are just a few example of a table of contents for any magazine:


Image result for billboard table of contents


Image result for time magazine table of contents
Image result for nylon magazine table of contents

Notice how all of these examples technically serve the exact same purpose yet they are so drastically different in design, layout, and content? It's also quite interesting to see how all three of these magazines with completely different target audiences (From top to bottom: Billboard, Time, Nylon) alter certain things about their layouts to appeal to their T.A. My magazine, being very chic and high-fashion, definitely needs a simple and clean-cut design to appeal to my target audience. Here are some examples of table of contents but for magazines that fit into my category:


Image result for vogue magazine table of contents
Image result for harpers bazaar magazine table of contents


Image result for fashion magazine table of contents

See the theme running through all of these examples? The simplicity, the sleekness, the clean-cut look, etc. This is the route that I am going to have to take in order to stay true to my theme and my target audience. I will brainstorm the layout and then obviously I will share it on this website. Hope you got to understand my approach towards my table of contents. Anyways, till next time, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment