Wednesday, March 29, 2017

PLOT TWIST!

I have some major news! I have decided to completely change my cover story for many reasons. Instead of doing an androgyny issue, I have decided to do a street style issue. I found that there is a lot more content that can be produced with this new idea, and there is a lot more that i can do with my two-page spread by taking this new route. With the androgyny idea, I really did not know what my two-page spread would be about because there really isn't a lot of directions that I can take with that topic. I figured that if I just write an article talking about how androgyny is increasing in popularity in the fashion industry, it would be rather boring and uninteresting. Also, I thought to myself that if I'm gonna create a fashion magazine, it should definitely be centered more around fashion itself. Don't get me wrong, androgyny and gender roles are still very much a part of fashion, but they're topics that can be discussed in several other kinds of magazines. I want my cover story to be something that no other magazine can take away from me.

So, what is street style you ask? To me, street style is the epitome of how someone wants to be viewed by others and by the world. Street style literally refers to one's stye when out and about, walking around the city, living one's daily life, etc. Street style is the first impression that any random stranger in the street will have of you. Street style is ALL about setting the first impression that YOU want others to have of you. With this topic, there is a lot more content that I can discuss. For example, I was planning on taking individual pictures of each of my models and then interviewing each model on their street style and their connection to fashion. I am much more excited that I chose this topic and don't feel like there is such a huge weight on my shoulders for having to figure out what I was gonna write about androgyny that could take up two whole pages. The photoshoot is TOMORROW and my models are ready with their outfits. I told them to dress exactly the way that they want to be introduced to my audience. I also told them to be completely authentic to themselves and to dress in the best way that describes their street style. We will probably be shooting in a very nice shopping area in Miami called Bal Harbour. I can't wait! I will keep you all updated on the photoshoot tomorrow! Till next time, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment