Monday, March 27, 2017

Cover Image Thoughts

When it comes to such artistic and high-fashion magazines, the cover image must be electrifying, thought-provoking, and stunning. The fact that this particular issue of my magazine will be focusing on the androgyny movement that has been recently occurring in the fashion industry, I wanted to create an image that would make a statement to the blurring of gender roles in fashion. I want my cover image to portray several different messages on gender, sexuality, and femininity/masculinity and how all of these intertwine with fashion. I obviously want to take a numerous amount of images so I can feature them throughout my two-page spread as well. Now that I introduced my models in a previous blog, I want to give you guys an idea for what my vision is. Take a look at some of the most iconic vogue covers of all time:

Image result for iconic vogue covers         Image result for iconic vogue covers

Image result for iconic vogue covers


Image result for iconic vogue covers    Image result for vogue september issue 2016

Notice how the images are all incredibly captivating? This is what my cover image must embody. I need an image that will leave people thinking. Considering that the issue of my particular magazine will be such wide-ranging topic that can garner so much conversation, my cover image must have a lot of thought into it. I already discussed the minimal use of coverlines in a previous blog, but now I need to combine a minimal yet powerful use of coverlines and combine it with a strong cover image that can stand on its own. Take a look at this link for more background on the iconic vogue covers that revolutionized the fashion industry. As for my own cover, I will start brainstorming as much as I can to come up with a detailed idea for a cover image. I'll definitely get back to you guys with my cover image idea before the end of this week. Till next time, xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment