Sunday, March 12, 2017

Cover Ideas

I've been thinking nonstop about my cover image/look. A reoccurring theme that I tend to notice throughout the over images of high-fashion magazines is the simplicity and minimalism. Most of the time, there are rarely more than two or three coverlines, making the main image the center of attention. I want to follow the same direction because I notice that when there are too many coverlines, the main image tends to get lost. Take a look at these:


Image result for marie claire magazine coverImage result for style watch magazine coversImage result for teenvogue covers

Do you see what I'm saying? The plethora of coverlines almost make the reader not take the cover image too seriously, or it makes the reader feel as if it's not important. However, I'm not saying this is a weak strategy because all of these magazines have specific target audiences who are drawn to more stimulation and visuals. My target audience, however, is geared towards a group of people (mainly female) who take fashion incredibly seriously. I envision my magazine being read by Tom Ford on a Sunday morning while he drinks a mimosa. I envision fashion marketers religiously purchasing my magazine to stay updated on all the current fashion trends on all the runways. I envision my magazine featuring all the hottest innovators in fashion as their cover models. I envision my magazine resting on a chic, glass coffee table of the living room of a millionaire's penthouse apartment on Park Avenue. So clearly, all the stimulation and immense amount of coverlines is not the route that I want to take. Rather, take a look at these:


Image result for vogue covers      Image result for harper's bazaar magazine coverImage result for W magazine covers


See the difference? 

So now that you all have a clear outlook for what my cover will look like, now I just need to ponder on what my actual cover story will be about, as well as the cover image...

But till then, I will obviously keep you all updated on that. Till the next post, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment