Thursday, March 16, 2017

Title of My Magazine?

As I have spent the past several days continuing my research/progress for this magazine project, I suddenly realized yesterday that I kinda need to think of a title for my magazine before I start moving any further. I was up late last night going back and forth between about 6 different ideas for a title, and I ended up calling it a night and going to sleep. Today I decided to do some more research on what it really takes to come up with an original yet appropriate magazine title. A reoccurring theme that I found in several of the magazines that fit my genre were short, one-word titles:
Image result for elle        Image result for vogue         Image result for allure magazine covers

This theme is extremely common with high-end fashion magazines. So I already narrowed down my title to one word. But the thing is, it cannot just be any one-word title, it obviously has to relate to fashion and it must have a message/meaning behind it. For example, vogue literally means "the prevailing fashion or style at a particular time." The word also has to be attractive in the way it sounds and the way it looks. It has to be a word that will never become repetitive or that will never lose its charm. Alright, now that I have covered the basic rules to keep in mind, I have narrowed down my list of options for my magazine title:

1. Mod- (adjective) Modern.

2. Ombré- (adjective) Having tones of color that shade into each other, graduating from light to dark.

3. Mirage- (noun) Something that appears real or possible but is not in fact so; an illusion.

4. Minutiae- (noun) The small, precise, or trivial details of something.

Well... Hopefully I'll come to a decision at some point. It better be soon, though, the clock is ticking. Also, here is a link that helped me come up with some title ideas, just so you guys can get a better idea at what I was trying to say: https://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/08/13/3-creative-ways-to-choose-your-brand-name/#.tnw_sHngA0pY

Till next time! Xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment