Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Beginning: Introduction, Thoughts, and Ideas

Hey everyone! This blog is going to be dedicated to my portfolio project for my media studies class. I am going to be documenting my thoughts, ideas, and progress through this website. I am going to create a magazine cover, table of contents, and a two-page (maybe more) spread. The first idea that came to my mind ever since I began brainstorming back in November was fashion. Fashion plays a pivotal role in my life because I am a person who focuses a lot on aesthetics. One of my favorite things in life is to dress authentically to who I am and to stay true to my personal style. I believe that less is more and that it's not so much about what you wear, but how you wear it. For example, I could be wearing a white T-shirt and a pair of ripped skinny jeans with converse and still get compliments from people. Obviously I do not dress for compliments, but let's be real, they're one of the most clear indicators of a great outfit. The thing is that I don't think about the clothes that I wear, but about how I wear the clothes and what my personality can add to the outfit. I wear my outfits with pleasure and confidence, and that will always shine brighter than any expensive designer item.

Now, back to the magazine (sorry, I tend to ramble). The best inspiration that I could think of was Vogue, A.K.A the Bible of all things fashion and style. I really want to go for a high-fashion, high-quality, and extravagant type of fashion magazine. I want to incorporate culture into my magazine, demonstrating the inevitable infusion of fashion with politics, societal issues, entertainment, etc. I am currently brainstorming a lot of different topics regarding today's society for my main cover story. I want a societal topic that is relevant but that also relates to the fashion industry. I'm very excited about this process and creating my vision. I will obviously keep this blog updated with any changes, announcements, and any other information regarding this project. Stay tuned!

XOXO, Miguel

No comments:

Post a Comment