Thursday, April 6, 2017

MIRAGE IN THE MAKING

Hey guys! I have finished my cover page and my table of contents. All I have to work on now is just the two-page spread (I will probably end up doing more than two pages) and the CCR. Here is my cover page:


I am staying true to my previous research of all the other magazines that relate to mine. Notice how I'm sticking to simply one coverline and a neutral color: black. I tested out a light pink for the cover but I did some more research on color psychology and I read that pink can sometimes come across as flashy or gaudy, and that is the exact opposite that I want for my magazine. The color black gives off a more elegant, modern, and sophisticated vibe. I decided to stick with one large coverline at the bottom of the image. Now, here is my table of contents:



I love the combination of the black and the red in opposite corners of the page. I separated the cover story from the remaining articles/spreads. Also, I tried to show that MIRAGE discusses a lot of different topics that appeal to all kinds of genders, races, ages, etc. I want my magazine to appreciate diversity in fashion & style. I tried to maintain a very simple, sleek, and minimal approach to the layout of both the cover and table of contents. Stay tuned guys, the finish line is getting closer! Till next time, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment